Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bob's Bobble

Hello New York!

I have officially started studying fashion design at FIT! WOOOOOOOOO! Draping and patternmaking are by far the most challenging classes so far because my background is mostly in art, but there isn't anything I can't handle so far, especially with help from friends!

One of the main themes of this little internet space will also be about environmental initiatives and I've found a new obsession. The magical self-filtering water bottle that works by cleaning tap water through a attached carbon filter as you drink. By designer Karim Rashid, it's also made out of recycled plastic and is BPA-free. I don't why there aren't more of these out there, but the Bobble sounds simply amazing. According to the Bobble website:

Each year, nearly 1.5 million barrels of oil are used to make plastic water bottles.

Just for water bottles? Every year?! Using reusable water bottles sounds like the only smart option. It saves you a significant amount of money in a short time and conveniently also help cut down on the growth of that ridiculous giant plastic/trash landmass. Lovely, huh?

Buy one today! My black filter 18.5 ounce bottle is on it's way, I'll do a review when it shows up! Order through the Bobble.com store. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment